Sunday, May 4, 2008

My May Playlist

Many apologies for not posting for a while. I got ridiculously busy with Hijinks (write-up forthcoming) and was kept away from my indulgent online writing. Anyway, to get back into the swing of things, I've created my May playlist which you can listen to below or on the right of this page.



Some of you (ie. Holly) have noticed and complained about my lack of a new playlist last month. What happened was that, what with my Europe trip, I wasn't able to buy or download enough new music to fill up a whole list (my refusal to have more than one song by a given artist also hurt me). However, that means this time I had two months to amass this music which means a lot of varying styles and moods. It's a good one.
The first track is a cool band I saw over the summer with TV on the Radio called Celebration. Then we go into Frightened Rabbit, a band that sounds like a Scottish Long Winters. And next we have a great song by my friend's band, Glad Hearts. The Rutgers Review put out this fantastic CD of New Brunswick bands a couple of weeks ago and I added a few tracks from that including one from Dave (as Half Brother at track 8).
It's a cool list. Enjoy this and then maybe I'll get back to writing actualy entries with words instead of videos and music some time soon.

3 Comments:

Sam said...

Comment, comment, comment.


Nice play list. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jon, I will quit bitching at you now.

That is, until June.

notjon said...

No problem, Holls.