Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sigur Rós Steals Public's Thunder by Pre-Emptively Naming New Single "Gobbledigook" (also nudity!)

File this one in the "Everyone who cares already knows but I'm writing about it anyway" category.


Anyone who knows me that well knows that I love Sigur Rós. If the concert poster in my room didn't tip you off (maybe you should come up to my bedroom more often, wink wink), then my three SR t-shirts should have done the trick. So I was thrilled when I got a mailing list e-mail from them today announcing that their new album will be available on June 23rd and that their first single from it and the accompanying video were now on their website.

I had known the album was coming up but I was really excited about the video. Every Sigur Rós video so far (including the documentary) has been absolutely amazing. The clip for Glosoli is one of my favorite videos of all time. Here it is:



Anyway, the new track is fantastic but the video is really intriguing. While the band has been releasing pictures of naked people in trees for a couple weeks now, I was still surprised by the video which features non-stop full frontal nudity as a bunch of people dance around a forest naked as if the cast of a production of Hair did a musical version of Lord of the Flies.

It's pretty crazy and I give them points for upping my boobie and giney count for the day (which was currently at zero so don't worry, Sam). However, I do take umbridge with the one dude who is skinny and has long hair like a chick. It's like watching the end of The Crying Game whenever he turns around.

Anywho, check out the video and song here. I love this band.

"Gobbledigook" - Sigur Ros

2 Comments:

Sam said...

Don't lie. You see "boobie and giney" every time you turn your computer on.
And just who are you trying to lure into your bedroom more often, mister?

PS
I think someone ought to make "Lord of the Flies: as done by Hair" and submit it to CAP next year, if only so that everyone on the board has to read it!

Sam said...

PPS
I love you. :)