Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Fantastic Career of Shia LaBeouf

So I went to see the new Indiana Jones last night at midnight. I mean, of course I did. Does anyone remember my Halloween costume a couple of years ago?


Anywho, the movie was a lot of fun. My basic view was that it was a "great" movie downgraded to a "very good" movie because of one element. Call me an Indy purist, but the maguffin is supposed to be religious in an Indiana Jones movie, not...what it was. The stuff at the end just didn't fit the series and frankly was disappointing.
Other than those 10 minutes in the climax however, I had an absolute time. Then again, take my opinion with a grain of salt. I wore a damn official Indiana Jones fedora to the screening. I'm a fan.

After the movie we all started discussing the filmography of Shia LaBeouf and soon enough one thing became clear: Shia is making his career decisions based on the fantasies of a 14 year old boy circa 1986.
So, with that in mind, I have now begun work on the next Shia LeBeouf vehicle entitled Shia's Excellent Adventure. The movie opens on Shia hooking up with his incredibly hot girlfriend when suddenly Doc Brown, Luke Skywalker, and Chunk fly down in the Delorean and tell him he's the chosen one who has to come to the future to save John Connor's rec center from being closed by evil robotic real estate developers and Freddy Kreuger. It ends with a climactic break dance sequence/laser shoot-out. And, since it takes place in a fantasy, everyone can pronounce the name "LeBeouf".


It's gonna be mega awesome.

P.S. Here's the full size version of the poster.
P.S. If anyone wants to write, draw, or photoshop some more scenes from this masterpiece, go ahead and send them bitches in.

Indiana Jones Theme - John Williams

3 Comments:

Sam said...

... I love you so much.


(I was just talking about Shia LaBeouf being in the film with my friends here. And, y'know. Mocking him endlessly.)

Anonymous said...

i actually have a huge monstrous crush on shia labeouf that originated from my disney channel days. its kind of upsetting, as was the ending of the indiana jones movie and shia labeouf's hair in the movie. curly hair is cute. it looked like dead brushed animal hair was chilling on his head. anyway, that was random. haha. hah. but good post jon! i think that movie would be a hit =o) !

notjon said...

Ah, but it was the 50s, Ayesha. Say what you will about Shia, but he has no problem sacrificing any perceived cuteness for the sake of historical accuracy.