Friday, May 9, 2008

I Oughta be in Pictures

I still haven't gotten to my Hijinks post (it's gonna take me forever to go through all the pictures that were saved) but here's something cool in the mean time:

Does anyone remember those photo mosaics that used to be everywhere in the 90s? You know, the big picture made up of a ton of little pictures that they used for movie ads and stuff (The Truman Show poster is a good example). Well, for a while now I've been wondering if anyone would put up a program to download and do it yourself and, at some point (I don't know how long it's been around) someone did.

It's a freeware program called AndreaMosaic and it works pretty darn well. I haven't had much time to mess around with it, but here are a couple I made:

Here's Greg and I in Hijinks made from all the pictures I have from CAP shows. The clothes came out well but there wasn't enough pictures or detail to make the faces. A nice first attempt though.


I then tried to test out the program's abilities and just loaded in every picture I had on my computer and made this. The details are much clearer but the colors are kind of diluted.

When I have more time, I'll try to perfect my photo mosaic-ing talents. Until then, and in honor of the new movie which was flawed but still more entertaining than it had any right to be, here's an awesome cover of Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" by The Cardigans. I know, remember them?



0 Comments: