Monday, May 12, 2008

Cooking More Than Just the Food

Last night I went to the local Houlihan's with my family for Mother's Day.


I've never been to a Houlihan's before, although I've gone to the same restaurant under its other names of Fridays, Chili's, and Applebees. While my food was ok (my steak was a bit burnt) I have a few complaints about my experience.


First, the place was pitch black inside. This is done at all restaurants so you can't get a good look at the food, but it was especially bad here. I half expected are waitress to be an aging Hollywood actress trying to look sexy the way that place was lit.


Secondly, they gave us this little survey sheet to write about our experience. That's nice enough, but the choices for each category ("Food Quality and Presentation", "Service and Hospitality", etc.) were simply "Good", "Very Good", "Excellent", and "Other".


Now, I haven't taken a Statistics class since high school, but something tells me that those choices are going to kinda skew your results. Just a bit.

0 Comments: