Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm Back!

I'm back! I'm back, I'm back, I'm back!

One day shy of three weeks after my last entry, I have finally returned here, to my little blog thing. I apologize for my extended absence. I'm sure the two people that read this thing have been very sad. Of course, they probably don't read it any more since I haven't posted in nearly a month, so they'll never know how sorry I am. But that's ok. I'm starting up again and hopefully my (admittedly small) readership will return to me.

So, what's new? Well, to be honest, three weeks and one trip to Europe later, quite a bit is new. I feel like a new person. I've got a new girlfriend, a shaved head, an internship for the summer, and I now spend a lot of time doing laundry for college credit.

Allow me to explain. The girlfriend's name is Sam and she (along with Maddie) helped me shave my head after I fucked up cutting my hair myself. I was cutting it because I was freaking out that I looked too hobo-ish for a job interview I had for an internship which I needed for credit which is the same reason I'm doing costume maintenance for a Mason Gross show.

Make sense now?

Ah, costume maintenance. Good lord, does it suck. It's for Theater Practice which is a requirement for Theater majors and is quite possibly the biggest shit class ever. It's nothing but free labor for Mason Gross. I spend three hours a day for two weeks doing laundry. I'm clearly not learning anything except for which Mason Gross actresses perspire the most (the lady in charge likes to conspiratorially tell me who the "sweaters" are).
It's really weird. I swear, half of the costume pieces for my show are lingerie. I've developed this huge fear that one of the actresses is going to show up early one day and walk into the dressing room and I'll be sitting there folding her thong or clipping the sweat pads into her costume's arm pits. Then we'll have to try to have a conversation.
Ugh.
I've never been less excited to see women's underwear.

Well, that's it for now. Expect the posts to start up again with stories from before, during, and after my trip.

Now, here are some pictures:
The Shaved Head

The Shaved Head and the Girlfriend

Yeah, I'm pretty drunk in that second picture. Sam looks nice though.

3 Comments:

Sam said...

I was pretty trashed too, sir.
But I think you're adorable anyway. :)

notjon said...

I'd respond to this comment, but I'd probably write something mushy and gross and no one wants the blog to go in that direction.

Sam said...

Maybe I do!
... naw, that's okay. We can keep our mushy grossness limited to everywhere else we go and preserve the pristine innocence of your blog.