Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Random Comic...Fun?

So, like all of my other comic strip-oriented blog posts, this one must again link to the absolutely amazing Comic Curmudgeon from which I read all comic strips (my daily New York Times is sorely lacking a funnies page).


Anyway, I've never really minded the comic strip Luann. It's not ever all that funny, but none of the daily syndicated strips really are anymore. However, I find the art style appealing and that's more than I can say for most of the trash out there.
However, yesterday's comic is one of the most disturbing things ever. Before I show it, let me set it up for the...everyone...who doesn't read Luann. One of the ongoing storylines in the past few years has involved Luann's goofy brother Brad trying to get with this banging chick, Toni whom he volunteers with as a fireman (he got involved after 9/11, blah blah blah). Anyway, this was Tuesday's strip featuring the two of them:


...what? Seriously...what? There is absolutely no way that can be interpreted as anything but some weird fetishistic sexual come-on involving sexy hair trimming.

Eww. Gee, I only hope there's some weird fetish songs in the Luann musical! I mean, who isn't dying to hear Luann's geeky friend Bernice sing a show-stopping ode to leather?

Then again, at least that strip is attempting to have a joke (I think) unlike this Funky Winkerbean from last week:

Sigh. God, Funky Winkerbean sucks.

And again, all shitty comics come to my attention through the Comics Curmudgeon.

0 Comments: