Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Coolest Thing I Ever Got Outbid On

Ok, who wants to loan me money?

Check it out, who remembers Lou Pearlman? No one. Right, that's what I though.
Pearlman was that big, fat "To Catch a Predator" looking motherfucker who used to manage all those boybands in the late 90s. Ah, now you remember.

Anyway, as it turns out, Pearlman was ripping all those bands off and is now facing huge fraud charges. To pay for his legal fees, he had to auction off all the memorabilia from his glory days. Some guy ended up buying it all and now he's auctioning it himself on eBay.
So what does this have to do with me? This:

A 1997 MTV Europe Music Award.

Can you imagine how awesome it would be if I had that beauty sitting on my coffee table?


"Hey, Jon, what's that?"
"Oh, that's just my MTV Europe Music Award."
"What, is that a replica?"
"No, it's real."
"Uh..."
"I'm big in Sweden."


Yeah, man. I would get so much pussy with that thing.
If only I had money. Sigh.
I first read about this on the AV Club, by the by.


P.S. I'm ridiculously exhausted and I've got closing night of Hair (come see Hair come see Hair come see Hair) in a few hours. Fortunately, I know the best way to wake a person up. That's right, the The Harder They Come soundtrack!

1 Comment:

Cait said...

I would loan you money, but I'm pretty sure 5 showings of Hair has made me broke.

PS I'm going to stop commenting because I'm the only one and its making me feel weird.