Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My March Playlist

I posted my monthly playlist. It's a tad late, I know, but give me a break. Like always, I will put it in the corner of the page, but here it is for people who, I don't know, are at the edge of their mouse pad and can't scroll to the right.





Some Highlights


  • First things first, Track 4 is not by Dylan Bob. As far as I know there is no Dylan Bob. By posting the song under a fake name, you get to go around the record labels and post the whole thing as opposed to just a sample and, since the song is 11 minutes long, a 30 second piece really wouldn't cut it. It's a wonderful song from the 1975 album Desire. I'd never heard it until I bought the CD last week and it's quickly become my favorite track, even surpassing "Hurricane" although that song's convicted felon hero actually deserved the hero treatment that Dylan gave him. Oh well.
  • Track 10, the Okkervil River song, is off Black Sheep Boy, they're last album before The Stage Names, the CD that found a nice place in my top 5 of 2007. Black Sheep Boy is less poppy than Stage Names and thus takes a few more listens to get into. In the end, however, I think it's a more rewarding album (although that could just be because I can listen to the last minute of the epic track "So Come Back, I Am Waiting" over and over again).
  • Track 14 is off the soundtrack to The Assassination of Jesse James. It's a great score that comes from an absolutely amazing movie. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet which, judging by the size of its release, is more than likely.
  • And the M.I.A. song at Track 1? Maybe the most fun song ever.

0 Comments: